Wednesday, May 12, 2010

treasure hunting

For the first time in probably five years, Ryan and I visited an antique store.
Last weekend, we drove the girls in their pajamas to their Nana and Papa's house for a sleepover. On Saturday morning, Ryan and I woke up to the sun, had a quiet breakfast, and went to look for antiques. It was the perfect kind of date. I think I like morning dates better than evening ones now. We had so much fun talking, hunting for treasures, laughing, and dreaming.

These were a few of our finds...
The girls love their little chair. Sometimes it's hard to share...but they manage. Maybe someday we'll find it's match.Poker.


A perfect place to store all my spools of color.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool! Love your thread box! Did all that thread come with?

Ang said...

not included...the thread was all mine...just waiting for a good home:)
Ryan found the wooden sewing box for me tucked back in the corner of one of the rooms in the store for $10!
He was pretty happy about the poker set I found for him too.

Unknown said...

What a great deal, and WOW! You have an impressive collection of thread! :) I mostly just have white and grey!

Lindsey said...

Love the sewing box! $10. . . that is crazy.