Angel Hair with Shrimp and Asparagus
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 378.4 • Fat: 6.8 g • Carbs: 52.1 g • Fiber: 8.5 g • Protein: 31.6 g
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 oz white wine
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 tsp herbs de Provence (or you can use your favorite herbs)
- tiny pinch of red pepper flakes (gives it a little kick)
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, high fiber or low carb
Heat a large skillet on high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. When skillet is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes in each side until almost cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
Reduce skillet heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 4 minutes. Add white wine and broth and stir. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
While sauce is simmering, boil salted water and cook pasta until desired tenderness. Drain when done.
After sauce simmers 10 minutes, add shrimp to sauce to finish cooking, about 1 minutes (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough). Add pasta to the sauce and toss well. Divide equally in 4 bowls and top with a good grated cheese.
This was surprisingly spicy and flavorful. I think I'll have to fight Ryan for the left-overs tomorrow at lunch time.