Tuesday, October 09, 2012

love notes

I've been getting love notes every day.  In fact, I usually get about ten or twenty tiny little notes in a day.  I'm not the only one, either.  Everyone in our house gets them daily (and most visitors too).  But I get the most.  Today, Sophie's preschool folder was also stuffed full of her familiar style of art work.

Sometimes they are cut with fancy edged scissors into tiny squares.  They could be made from printer paper, construction paper, sticky notes, or old scrap paper.  Sometimes they are letters, stuffed into repurposed envelopes sealed wth stickers or scotch tape.  Other times they are messages taped to doors or folded into cards.  Sometimes they are "tickets," or maybe books... several pages long (like this one) taped or stapled together.  But on every page, the message is always the same.  It is Sophie's earnest reminder every day.  And I'll never get tired of it.  I hope it comes from the knowledge deep inside of her that she is LOVED.  I can't bear to get rid of them, but then again, if I saved every one, I'd be swimming in them.  I have quite a collection.  Plenty of love notes to ensure that I'll never forget this season of life with Sophie.  It's too sweet.



No comments: